The Social Justice Ministry of St. Paul Catholic Church, inspired by the love of Jesus Christ, promotes an awareness of social justice, by service to and prayer for those in need, beginning with our parish community and working toward the needs of the greater community and the world.
The Social Justice Ministry endeavors to assist our parishioners first. If any parishioner finds themselves in need of any items mentioned here, please contact the office 916-381-5200 for assistance. Your request will be treated with complete confidentiality.
- We are committed to living the Beatitudes and to service to others.
- We are challenged by the injustice of our world. As we strive for peace and justice in our own hearts, we pray for peace, and work for justice in our community.
- We serve as a resource on social issues and services in the parish.
- We assist the Pro-Life 4 Life Ministry in their mission to protect the life of the unborn.
- We provide emergency funds for parishioners and others in need.
- We organize the Jesse Giving Tree for the collecting of Christmas gifts for children in need in our parish.
- We collect baby items for Maryhouse, the Sacramento Life Center and/or Wellspring.
- We provide new clothes, as needed, for our parish children, who are receiving their First Communion or Confirmation.
- We assist the Knights of Columbus with the distribution of holiday food boxes in our parish.
- We raise funds to buy shoes for children in need in our area.
- We collect and distribute bottled water to the homeless during the summer months.
- We sponsor the occasional collection of items such as bath towels, eating utensils, coffee cups, etc., for Maryhouse or Wellspring.
We welcome the participation of all parishioners who seek to bring about the Kingdom of God here and now, by service to others in our community.
If you wish to join us, please attend any of our meetings. Our regular meetings are held on the second Monday of each month at 1:00 p.m. in the Religious Education Center, Room #1.
We welcome your participation. Bring your talents to share with all. You may be surprised to discover you have been working for justice without even knowing it!